FreeStyle Libre Reader
The FreeStyle Libre reader lets you instantly see the data collected by the sensor.
IMPORTANT: The FreeStyle Libre flash glucose monitoring system is indicated for measuring interstitial fluid glucose levels in people (age 4 and older) with diabetes mellitus. The indication for children (age 4 – 17) is limited to those who are supervised by a caregiver who is at least 18 years of age.
How to use the FreeStyle Libre Reader
Each scan of the reader over the sensor gives a current glucose reading, the last 8-hours of glucose history, and a trend arrow showing if glucose is going up, down or changing slowly.
The reader can scan through clothing.1
It stores up to 90 days of glucose data2 and has easy-to-understand graphs of your glucose history. Small and lightweight3, the reader is easy to hold and carry with you at all times. The backlit colour touchscreen means you can read it in the dark.
An easy scan shows the current glucose reading, the latest 8 hours of glucose data and a trend arrow showing if glucose levels are going up, down or changing slowly. At a glance – the FreeStyle Libre reader shows:
- A number – current glucose reading
- A trend arrow – where your glucose is heading
- A graph – the latest 8 hours of glucose history
The FreeStyle Libre Software
If you’d like to transfer the data stored in your FreeStyle Libre reader to your computer (PC or Mac) so you can take a close look, then you’ll need to download the FreeStyle Libre software.
1. The reader can capture the data from the sensor when it is placed between 1cm and 4cm from sensor.
2. To get a complete glycemic picture over the last three months, the sensor must be replaced every fourteen days and the sensor must be scanned at least once every eight hours.
3. Reader dimensions 95mm x 60mm x 16mm and weight 65 grams.